Friday, October 3, 2014


Recently. an aspiring photographer let me use one of his pictures on my blog. I'm wondering if I should use him regularly and pay a modest fee, rather than worry about finding copyright free pictures.    



This week I learned about ethics in business. For me, this principle is a no brainer. As a follower of Christ, I don't understand how this can be a hard thing, but I do know there are gray areas in life. An important thing I came to understand is that if we put Christ first before business and let His doctrine guide our decisions, not only will we make the right choices, we'll be better off in the long run.

Lessons Learned
The Lord requires work and service as a part of our mortal experience here on earth. Integrity is the foundation of all we do, including work and service. It is a "prized commodity" in the business world, and we should remember it is a prized commodity for mankind, too. Outside of class I was reminded that Heavenly Father will bless us with unexpected surprises when we make our concerns a part of our prayers.

Lessons Not Learned
I didn't have a hard time with the lessons this week in my business class. Some of the reading topics are a stretch for me to wrap my mind around because I'm not in the technology world of business, but I understood the concepts of ethics as applied to the cases. Outside of class this week, I am struggling to figure out how much money to invest up front in my personal projects versus the turnaround. I see little turnaround in the investments I've made so far; sometimes I wonder if advertising and other avenues are worth it in the long run for what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.